Tuesday 1 June 2021

Up-cycled Tags

 

Our hoover gave up the ghost at the weekend so Martin went to Currys for another one.  I cut the packaging up and kept the three pieces above.


Coated them in black powertex.


Next I mixed some powertex sand into some soft gel medium and spread it onto the tags.


Once dry, I painted over them with powertex and then used metallic waxes to colour the edges and bring out the texture.


I cut up some squares from an old scarf.


Took them out in the garden and sprayed them with bisters.


Next I cut some squares from this ice-cream box.


I machine sewed the pieces of scarf to the cardboard for stability.


I powertexed some resin pieces.


Steampunk balloon tag.


Gothic style tag.


Skull and wings tag.

Tags created from up-cycled materials for the challenge.

#rusteffects #powertex #upcyclingchallenge

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Wow! This is different. What great piece of recycling. Brilliant.👌💖

Blog Archive