Wednesday 30 June 2021

Pottery Classes

 

This is the very thing that I made on the wheel. It's not meant to be anything, I was just playing and seeing what I could do with the lump of clay.


And for my second attempt I tried to keep it uniform and decided it would make a good t-light holder as I created a ridge in the bottom for it to sit in.


I used a coaster cutter to cut 4 pieces of clay.  I stamped into them and after the first blast in the kiln I then glazed them and then they went back in again.


And this one is stamped the flower and stamped around all the sides, and after the first blast in the kiln I painted the flower in different colours of glazes and added small pieces of glass the all of the edges. I left the surround of the flower glaze-less.  I just love how it has turned out as the glass has also crackled.

I have signed up again for it starting in September, Covid permitted!

No comments:

Blog Archive