Sunday 7 January 2018

Geode #2


Now I have my batts I decided to try another geode but using a different technique. I scrunched up a couple of little carrier bags.


I thinned the batt out and added some white nepps and angelina fibres.



I covered them up with another secton of the batt. I should have actually just covered them with whisps of wool.


Next I put the bags in the wool and wrapped the wool around.



I continued wrapping and needle felted a bit along the way.


Next I laid out some white merino and added gold angelina fibres to it.


And ended up with about eight layers.


Wrapped it around the first layer.


And needle felted it on.


The third layer was a grey batt and again it was spread out and needle felted. I dunked it in a bowl of soapy water, squeezed it gently and put it inside the foot of a knee high tight sock and put it in the washing machine with my washing!!


The stocking had more or less felted itself to the sock so I had to be extra careful taking it off.


I cut it open with a knife and this is what I got. It's also fairly dry too.


And to finish, I added some beads.

No comments:

Blog Archive