Friday 5 January 2018

Belated Christmas Presents


So this is what I bought with the money I got from my mum and sister for Christmas. I did also get a needle holder pen for three needles, but it was that rubbish, I threw it away. The needles were blunt and you couldn't unscrew it to get them out and replace them.
**Update on the needle pen - Martin has managed to unscrew it but it is very stiff so he is going to put some sort of grease on it tomorrow to make it easier to open and then I will change the needles and give it a go.**


This is what I bought today from the Range and Pets at Home. The slicker brushes are to blend/card small pieces of wool.


I used the bean bag filling to make a needle felted platform. I was originally going to use rice, but rice is quite heavy, I'd have needed to use approx 3kg to fill this bag.


And this little lot is from The Felt Box. Olga very kindly sent me a sample of the NZ carded batts so I could compare them to the Perendale batts that I already have. The reason for the change is that these ones are sold in either 50g, 100g, 200g or 500g. So I got mostly 100g so I could get more colours. The Perendale batts are only sold in 200g bundles. It's storage that's the problem!!

1 comment:

chrissie said...

Looks interesting Sam

Can’t wait to see what wonders you make

Love Chrissie xx

Blog Archive