Tuesday 26 April 2016

Inspired by Jean


I usually try and drop in on Jeans streams if I'm not out at netball on a Monday, but for whatever reason, last night it wouldn't load up and let me in. But when I saw her journal pages on FB today I just had to go and watch the recordings which you can find here and here to find out what she did.


So basically I painted the journal page in rainbow stripes using Decoart chalky paints, added the image from a magazine, whilst waiting for it to dry, painted the page with chalky black, then used a baby wipe through a couple of stencils to wipe back and reveal the colours underneath. Once dry I outlined some of the images with a white sharpie to define them and make them pop.

All paints are from the DecoArt range.

By using a gel medium, this kind of makes the image transparent and you can see the colours of paint through it.

5 comments:

Helen said...

I saw a bit of her stream but before she started to create her page - which was fab - and I love how you've been inspired by it.

craftimamma said...

I've never watched anyone stream ....must rectify that! I did see Jean's page on FB and love how you've run with the technique here. Beautiful effect!

Hugs
Lesley Xx

chrissie said...

This is terrific Sam and great you were inspired to make it

Love Chrissie xx

Etsuko said...

Gorgeous pages! Lovely effected of the rainbow. xx

Sue said...

Ooo this is fab Sam - love it! xx

Blog Archive