Saturday 27 April 2013

Heart and Swirls



They have had a change of tact over on the PaperArtsy blog for the end of this week.  Seleb designers are showcasing their stuff and last night was the turn of Lin Brown.  I loved the concept of what Lin did, but as you know, I'm not keen on flowers!!!  I followed the first few steps which you can find here.


I continued with Lins steps and used stone and elephant fresco paints over the corrugated, grunge paste and wiped back where the music script was placed. 


I used snowflake thought a stencil, but my stencil wasn't delicate!!


I used London bus and claret fresco paints over the top as they are both transparent.


I then painted the stencil swirls with florentine liquid leaf and added eggplant to the edges to give it more depth.


Finally added the vintag heart in the top corner, stamped the letters onto white card with seedless preserve distress ink, tore them out and inked the edges.

Out of a Hat Creations have a swirls and hearts theme this week, so I am entering!!


12 comments:

chrissie said...

Fantastic Sam and thank you for the step by step guide to how you made it. Wonderful what can be done with a bit of corrugated card and techniques.

Thank you for entering it at the Hatters this week

Love Chrissie xxx

Helen said...

Sam, I thought I was seeing pink for a minute...but no, it's just shades of red (before you correct me!) this looks fabulous! love the colour of that liquid leaf (not got any of that!!) but the stencil is one of my favourites.

Marianne said...

I saw Lin Brown's garden flowers tutorial on Paper Artsy and it was stunning. Now I see you do it too and you created a lovely piece of (He)ART in the same method. Great job Sam!!
Have a nice weekend!!
xxx Marianne

Amanda said...

Great make Sam, stencilling is fab. Loving the gold as well.
Love
Amanda x

downrightcrafty said...

oh great texture and colours sort of a Pink!! feel and super swirls
Hugs Kate xx

jojo79 said...

A great take on Lin's techniques. It looks great.

Jo
x

Lin said...

love the corrugated cardboard and your take on Lin's piece is great Sam...didn't the smell of the liquid leaf knock you sideways? it did me lol x

Words and Pictures said...

What a great make... loved seeing all the layers build up, but I have to say I really liked it right at the beginning too!! I'm a girl of simple tastes, I guess!
Alison x

Sue said...

Love this Sam, but is this a hint of pink I see... :-) x

Janet said...

Hi Sam,
Fab techniques, I love the fresco paints. thanks for joining us at OOAH
Janet x

craftimamma said...

Lovely take on Lin's project Sam. Thanks for showing us the steps. Fabulous textures all the way through.

Hugs
Lesley Xx

Sandra's Spot said...

Hi Sam this is just wonderful its so textural and great steps for the make. Thanks for joining us at OOAH. Hugs Sandra X

Blog Archive