Friday 19 April 2013

Green Wings


Over at the PaperArtsy blog Linda is showcasing her very last DT piece for them.  Now she's made a journal page, and as you know I don't do journal pages, but last weekend I did buy an A4 book of heavyweight paper.  No it's okay, I didn't start to work in the book, instead I took the middle pages out and cut in half, so I was working on an A4 size piece.  Following Lindas technique here, this is stage one and if I'm honest, looks a complete mess, I nearly binned it!!!


Still following the techniques Linda used, I added paint through stencils etc.  I decided to find all the images I could from the ink and the dog plates that had something relating to wings and randomly stamped in black stazon.  I still wasn't that impressed but decided to keep calm and carry on - lol.


And then I took my white pen out and that totally transformed the page, well I think so anyway!!


A close up of the numbers stencil with Baltic blue fresco paint.


And one of my favourite images from the ink and the dogs wings #2 plate.


More of the number stencil.


Another fab image from the ink and the dog wings #3 plate.


And the fab funky chicken again from the wings #2 plate.

The colours are actually much brighter IRL, but it was dark by the time I'd finished!!

Thank you Linda for all the inspiration.

15 comments:

Helen said...

We'll make an art journaller of you yet!! You just have to keep going - it does all come together, as you have found here - your page looks fabulous. Love the images you've used.

Linda M. Cain said...

Ahhhhh, YES! Isn't it amazing the difference that white pen makes??? Great Job, Sam!

~Linda

PaperArtsy said...

Loving how the pen pulls it all together!! Good job Sam.


What. No pink!

chrissie said...

Amazing page Sam and another skill you have added to your growing portfolio. Your use of the white pen worked wonders on the piece.

Have a nice weekend

Love Chrissie xx

Lin said...

well Sam for somebody who doesn't do journals this is a really neat page...think you may need to buy a journal!!! Love the stamps you've used, great colours and the white pen finishes it off nicely!! Hope I get time to play over the weekend :)

Paula Whittaker said...

Love how you didn't give up and kept going...and you've ended up with a good page.

Von said...

Great depth here Sam :)
Von ☺

Jenny Marples said...

Well done you for keeping going! You are SO right - the white pen transforms this into a work of beauty. Hugs, Jenny x

Deborah said...

Ditto the white pen. And for keeping on going.

hazel said...

This is fabulous Sam, I love how it all came together - well done on not giving up.
xxx Hazel.

Marianne said...

This is great!! You should do this more often!
xxx Marianne

Trish said...

Gorgeous Sam! I also had problems with the look of mine before the white and black pen highlights, and then it just all came together. Amazing!

Gillian .... said...

Loving the depth to the stencilled areas and the addition of the white pen really pulls it together. Great page Sam. x

Words and Pictures said...

I wouldn't have been so down on it early on, but you are right about the white pen lifting it into a whole new dimension - fabulous images, amazing depth from the stencilling, and that doodling just makes the whole thing pop - wow!
Alison x

Sue said...

Just fabby Sam, the white pen really lifts the whole piece xx

Blog Archive