Friday 8 October 2021

Spooky T-Light Holder

 

Another item picked up at the car boot. The top of a t-light holder, bottom was missing. I dry brushed it with black powertex.


I made some mummy moulds and painted them with black powertex.


I then decided I needed more mini cogs, bones and skulls.


I found a piece of MDF in the shape of a cog. I painted it with black powertex and made a bit of an arrangement using mini embellishments.


I couldn't decide if I wanted to put something inside and glue it down.  I inserted a few different pieces but you just couldn't see properly what it was meant to be.


I also couldn't decide if I wanted to glue the top down or leave it free.  I decided to leave it free and glued down the mini embellishments in front of it.


I glued some of the mini embellishments onto the frame of the holder.


I used silver treasure gold and brushed iron alchemy wax on them.


This is the top taken off the bottom and you can see that the mummies look like they are stranded in the air!!


And this is how the bottom set of embellishments stack up.


And here are the two pieces separated but in the same photo.


All put back together again with the mummy feet matching up with the cogs.


This is the view from the back.


I lifted the top off the base and added a battery candle. The flame flickers, so it was quite a nice effect.


Then I switched it for a multi-coloured battery t-light.




This is the reason why I didn't want to glue the top piece down.  It looks fabulous with the light coming through.

No comments:

Blog Archive