Wednesday 4 October 2017

Seth Workshops - Day One



I've just spent a lovely couple of days somewhere down Essex way in a fabulous village hall in a  place called Coggeshall organised by the ladies at Birds in the Barn.


We were all given a 9" x 12" watercolour book as the workshop was about using different paint techniques including monoprinting.  These are the two lovely ladies who I sat opposite.


Seth doing a demo, so we all crowded round his table.



This was page two.


Seth giving this lady a catch up as unfortunately she was a little late getting there.


You can't really see this page very well as for some reason my camera doesn't like purples or blues. But this was the best page as we had to go round to other people and press the pages together to see what transferred and obviously the longer it went on, the drier the paint got and the less transferred. My last transfer was a black transfer with Seth! 


And again sorry about the photo but it's mainly blue, but has lots of layers on.


Now the lady on the next table to us in the red top, I actually know through blogging. But I didn't know that until she introduced herself to me.


This was Bev, the lady I was sat next to. All the ladies on my table were only doing the one class.



There was also a pop up shop, but I didn't buy anything as it just had the staple goodies. I think it was probably in case anyone had forgotten anything or wanted to like buy PaperArtsy paints, as they are what we used in the workshop. Had there have been any stencils I may have had a purchase, but Mark forgot to bring them!!!

3 comments:

Helen said...

fabulous photos, looks like an amazing couple of days.

Seth said...

Thanks for the wonderful review Sam. And so glad you were a part of the class.

Sue said...

Sounds like a brilliant day Sam xx

Blog Archive