Friday 20 October 2017

Mini Journalling Workshop with Kate Crane


Today I went to the mini journalling workshop at Art from the Heart taken by the lovely Kate Crane.


Other end of the table.


Gesso'd and when dry Dina paint mixed with a bit of white. Finger painting. We were creating the background. We added more colours until the background was covered.


Stencilled and marks made and Kate very kindly lent me her white gel pen to hi-light areas. We had some mini collage sheets which you can just see bottom right, which I started to cut out.


After lunch we started on the black card which had been covered with white gesso, but we left some parts of it black.


This time we used Dylusion paints, but again finger painted it on to create the background in pretty much the same way as the first one.


This one is pinched from Kate, just to prove I was there!!


These are my backgrounds after stencilling and stamping. They still need some doodling on them. Everyone was using the new Carabelle stamps but they were sort of flower and leaf orientated, so I chose not to use them, instead I wanted to use T!m paperdolls and was going to do them at home. But Kate very kindly found me some, I think you can just see some heads at the bottom of the photo!


When I got home, I cut out some more collage pieces and I think I am going to go with something like the above. Nothing is glued down yet, so things may change!!


And these are the paperdolls. I swapped some of them as some of the ones I chose were a bit big. Again they are not glued down, because I still need to doodle on the backgrounds.

I will be back with my mini bag and journal when they are completed. Thanks again Kate for a lovely day.

1 comment:

Helen said...

what a great way to spend a Friday, better than working! although you know me and finger painting.... look forward to seeing the finished pieces. xx

Blog Archive