Friday 22 June 2012

Artful Times - Challenge 7


Well I have to admit, I did somewhat struggle with this weeks Artful Times theme as chosen by Von.  She went with 'oh I do like to be beside the seaside'.  Well this totally threw me as I haven't got a single stamp that anywhere near resembles the seaside. Cue Maz; Maz has everything, luckily for me.  So she dug out this Crafty Individuals stamp and another plate which contained the seagulls so I could make this atc.  The background is faded jeans and bundled sage distress inks.  The main image is stamped in black soot distress stain, hence the rugged look and the seagulls are stamped in black soot distress ink.


I'm sure you can come up with something much better than my atc. Hop over to see what the rest of the DT produced and don't forget to link up your entry and not your blog to stay within the challenge rules.

10 comments:

Neet said...

Thank goodness for best friends at times like this. Love that stamp Sam and what a lovely group of friends they seem to be. Love the colour you have used for the background and that is all it really needs isn't it. Great atc.
Hugs, Neet xx

Deborah said...

Funny how we all have different tastes in stamps/subject matter. I have a ton of seaside/sea themed stamps, inclduing this one. Glad Maz came through for you.

Von said...

It's great to have friends to call on in times of need Sam smashing atc :)
Von x♥x

Marianne said...

What a luck that you have a friend with great stamps :-) I love the image and it is definitely by the seaside. Hugs,
Marianne

Sandra's Spot said...

Hi Sam excellent choice of stamp and great colour. Fab ATC. Hugs Sandra X

Jenny Marples said...

Crafty Individuals have done some gorgeous seaside stamps in the past and you have used this one beautifully Sam. Hugs, Buttons x

chrissie said...

A real feel good factor about this piece Sam and the colours and stamp are all just right for the theme

Love Chrissie xx

downrightcrafty said...

looks ace and lucky you for having a great mate in Maz.
enjoy your weekend
Kate x

Femmy said...

fabulous card!! love the stamp!!

hazel said...

A great ATC Sam, one of my favorite stamps.
xxx Hazel.

Blog Archive