Saturday 12 December 2020

StoneArt Tree

 

After watching day 5 of Ashley Hay's Creative Christmas Challenge videos I decided to have a go at making a tree but I didn't have a cone shape for the base, so instead I wrapped cardboard around a bottle.


Once dry, I took the bottle out of the cardboard and was left with a cone shape.  I mixed up stoneart and powertex to make a clay, rolled it out very very thinly and then tore it and powertexed it on the cone.


I did it in layers starting from the bottom upwards.


And here it is totally covered in the clay.


Once dry, I started to apply colour.


Once I was happy with the colour I gave it all a coat of varnish and then about 2 hours later a coat of transparent powertex.


Just love the ruffles of the torn clay mix.

No comments:

Blog Archive