Wednesday 23 September 2020

Sumo Geisha Figure

 


Martin made me a two pronged wooden base and I started to create my figure with a polystyrene ball for the body, tinfoil, bubble wrap and masking tape.


The head and hands are Powertex plaster pieces.  I then created the legs and roughly decided where I wanted the top and bottom colour to meet.


I mixed yellow powertex with 3d flex to make a clay and then covered the bottom part of the figure.  I didn't make enough to do the legs as well, so I left them for now.


I also stamped into the clay and left it outside in the sun to dry and crack.


I made up some more yellow and covered the legs, then made some red.  This time I made far too much red, so ended up giving her a red hat too.  But I cling filmed the neck to keep it clean.


Close up of the red crackle and the stamping.


Drying and cracking out in the sun again.  Martin came home and told me it looked like Ronald McDonald!!!


So using pigments and powerwax I changed the colours.


I also painted her nails.

And her face, and gave her some hair.


Close up of the back with the blue over the red.


And the bottom is more of a blend as I added orange to the yellow.

No comments:

Blog Archive