Friday 4 September 2020

BOHO Themed Fabric Book

 

After watching an Andrea (Artymaze) youtube about creating a fabric book from scraps, I decided to have ago.  The first thing to do was cut 9 strips of fabric for a base.  Then using scraps of different types of fabrics, I completely covered them.


Next I made the cover using two of the strips from above as a background, then I added other fabrics, frills and ribbons.


This is the fabric which I used for the inside which you won't see eventually.


Once I'd sewn all the pages in I added more bling to the cover and also one of the boho tassels that I made ages ago.


This is the inside cover and the first page, with a pocket.


This is the tag that was in the pocket, with another tag inside it.


These are the next two pages.  I printed some images, quotes and words onto a cream coloured fabric by running it through the printer.


The next couple of pages both have scraps of Indian sari fabrics and the right page has a side pocket.


And this is the tag from this pocket.


The next set of pages and on the right a pocket made from another piece of Indian sari fabric.


And this is the tag that was in the pocket.


These are the centre pages and each one has a pocket and a tag.


And these are the tags.


The next set of pages and printed images.


Another piece of jewelled Indian fabric on the left page and a pocket on the right.


And the tag, a printed quote.


This is the last double page, the right hand side has a side pocket made from lace.


This is the tag, with a layer of sequin lace over the top of the quote.


Finally the back page, with a pocket using another piece of Indian sari fabric.


And the tag with lace and a printed word.


And this is the back of the cover. I haven't added anything else to it as I want it to sit flat.


It stands up well and this is from the back with the tassel.


And this is the view from the top.

I'm really please with how it's turned out and it's a lovely size. 

1 comment:

Blog Archive