Saturday 4 November 2017

Fabric Cover

 

I was asked to make a fabric cover, the same sort as the books but without the pages. So I started by making some pillows.


In various different shapes and sizes.


And I moved them around to create the overall size and shape I wanted.


This is what I decided upon for the front cover, so I sewed them all together.


And this for the back cover.


Inside of the back cover all sewn together.


And the inside of the front cover.


The front and back cover sewn together which is no mean feat!! Making sure they are tight and sewn together but not too tight so they won't bend at the spine, whilst still trying to keep the overall shape.


And the insides of them sewn together.


And the front cover once everything was sewn. I just had to put eyelets in and then it was finished.


And the back cover all fully sewn together.

I'm pleased to say that after it travelling half way around the world to Australia, it has safely been received and the recipient loves it.

2 comments:

Renee said...

This is awesome! Very beautiful.

Pat Crossland said...

So talented.....you must have a big craft (and very tidy) room to do all that you do!!

Blog Archive