Sunday 20 September 2009

Bits and Bobs


I had a few bits and bobs lying around. Well actually I covered the two frames with metal foil, alcohol inked them and then wondered what I was going to do with them!!! The piece at the back is grungeboard cut in the shape of a film strip but then turned on its side. I coloured that with frayed burlap distress ink, sanded it down and went over it again with timber brown stazon. I attached a piece of wire mesh to the back using raffia to hold it to the grungeboard, added a button in the middle and a piece of chain, oh and also added the images and then stamped the words into the frames.

13 comments:

LazyKay said...

I like how you've combined all these elements, the wire, raffia and grungeboard. It should be very heavy looking but isn't somehow and the images and words are exactly what's needed here.

xxxxxxxx

crafty creations said...

brilliant Sam - love the way you've done the frames, added the wire - oh I love it all !!!!

Hugs Hilda

Andrea said...

This is stunning Sam,love everything about it
xxx

downrightcrafty said...

love the background effect and the images hun
kate x

Laura said...

These look great.

Claireabelle said...

Sam this is fab fab FAB!!!! Absolutely brilliant, I love it!
x

Zoechaos said...

Just fabulous!

Paper Paradise said...

BRILL! Love the frame turned on its side, great idea, so different.
Sue x

Sid said...

Fab hanging creation !!

Femmy said...

fabulous hanger Sam!!

mommabear said...

Its brilliant Sam I love the background

Neet said...

Fabulous work as always Sam. I have given you an award - please collect it from my blog if you don't mind.

Cheers!

Ellen said...

gripping stufff love the addition of the mesh..( mm where is the nearest building site?) and the way you stamped the words on to the metal

Blog Archive