Saturday 7 November 2020

Table Decoration - Christmas Gifts

 


On our walks over the fields near where we live, I picked up these bits and bobs.  The orange, apple and lime slices were homemade and baked in the oven to dry out.


Close up of the fruit slices and pieces of wood.


Berries, pine and fir cones.


Then I powertexed them all in bronze.


Next I drew around a glass and then used crackle paste through a flourish stencil leaving the space around the inner circle free from paste.


Once dried, I coated in bronze powertex.


Next I cut up four pieces of corrugated cardboard and moulded them around a glass.


Once everything was dry, I started to arrange the elements on the mdf plaques and gave everything a coat of powertex as it also acts as a glue.


Once completely dry I used pigments and varnish to colour them up.  This one is tones of green.


And this one was coloured in shades of red.


And this one has been coloured in silver.


And finally a blue one.


And here they are all together, with led wax candles in.


And then later on this evening when it got dark and I turned on a couple of the candles.

I've made these for Christmas presents for my mum, sister, niece and boyfriend and my nephew and his girlfriend, hence all the different colours as they are done to tie in with their decor.

These are based on an idea that Jill at Purple Meadow Crafts had.  There was meant to be a workshop on them, but unfortunately, due to the lockdown all classes have had to be cancelled.  They are trying to reschedule but I wanted to get them done ready for Christmas so I made my own versions.

I also have some smaller ones for sale if anyone is interested.  They are not coloured up yet though so you can choose your colour.  If interested please email or pm me on FB.

No comments:

Blog Archive