Sunday 29 November 2020

Steampunk Torso

 

The 1kg bottle of powertex is just for scale to show the size of the torso which I covered in cling film.


I cut up small squares of denim from an old pair of jeans, covered it in black powertex and moulded it over the torso.


Once completely dry (after about 3 days as the denim was quite thick), I cut all the way up the back in the middle to get it off the torso.


I then attached a zip with powertex to the left and side, once dried I attached the other side to the right.


Once dried and put back together I decided to add some colour. I went for blue as I'd initially used pieces of denim.


I mounted it on a piece of wood and added metal embellishments.


And from the other side.


And finally from the front.  I added a couple of buckles onto pieces of leather and added some metal studs.

No comments:

Blog Archive