Saturday 27 October 2018

Mask-erade


I picked up a mask from The Works reduced to £1 from £2.99.


To make it a bit more interesting, I cut some of the left side away.


Next I played around placing pieces of lace.


I also wanted to create some texture on the mask.


I added some sand to ivory Powertex and painted the mask. I then sprinkled on some of the tiny balls. I did it over a tray to catch the ones that rolled off and put them back in the tub.


Next I covered the pieces of lace in ivory Powertex and stuck them on the mask.


Close up of the sand and balls once it had dried.


And the lace.


It's now totally hardened and ready for the next step.


Next step wasn't the next step, as I decided I now wanted it green and not ivory, so I used my green Powertex and painted over it.


As the green really seemed to soak in, I gave it another coat or two.


Once totally dry, I dry brushed with gold pigment.

Not a bad transformation for a pound.

***Edited - it stopped raining!!***



1 comment:

Shairon said...

I'm loving this Sam. Thank you for the easy to follow step by step. xx

Blog Archive