Friday 26 October 2018

Halloween Candlestick Holders


So here we are, all set up for another play.


I took a cardboard tube, the core of a kitchen roll, drew around the clay skull and roughly cut it out without squashing the tube.


I checked that the skull fitted in the hole, but I didn't want it loose.


Using masking tape I created a shelf about an inch down from the tops of the tube.


I started covering them with black Powertex. 


I covered the battery tea lights with cling film.


I covered both of the tubes in fabric and other embellishments. Once the fabric was on the taller tube, I pushed the skull into the hole.


Added more clay pieces, lace and wool.


Added the clay wings.


I painted everything in black Powertex and then set them outside to dry.


I brought them back inside and left them overnight to totally dry.


Once dry, I took out the tea lights which were still covered in cling film. The fabric where they'd been sat was still a bit wet, so I left them out to let the fabric fully dry.


Once totally dry, I dry brushed them with silver and turned on the tea lights.


And these are the opposite sides, ie the back.

Had loads of fun making these and love how they've come out.

This step by step is over on the Powertex Blog today too. Why not pop over and check out what else is on there.

1 comment:

Helen said...

they look fab Sam

Blog Archive