Monday 10 April 2017

Oxides and Stencils



So today I found myself having a quick play with the oxides and stencils. I was curious to see what would happen on black card. And, it works perfectly, however it does change the properties of the inks. This is actually peeled paint and vintage photo!!!


As there was lots of ink on the stencil, I spritzed in and then stamped it onto another piece of black card. You can just about make an image out, but it's a bit wishy washy.


This is the stencil I used and the end products.


Next I stencilled a face onto kraft card, again I used vintage photo, worn lipstick bottom left and broken china and fired brick top right.


I lightly spritzed the images with water and then used a heat tool to dry. This technique really brings out the colours, it sort of sits on top of the card as opposed to sitting in it if that makes sense.


Again I spritzed the back of the stencil, but this time I took the piece of card to the stencil to get an impression, blotted it off straight away, and this is what I ended up with, not bad I thought!


This is the stencil I used by Andy Skinner and the two pieces I created from it.


And for this last one I used water colour paper and used lots of different colours, blending them as I went along.


Again, spritzed the stencil and took the piece of card to it. Now this was an unfortunate choice of stencil as the words have ended up backwards but the technique was good!


Again the stencil I used, a Seth one by Stencil Girl, the orginal and the ghost from the spritzed stencil.




4 comments:

Helen said...

I like the backwards words, will make for an interesting background!

chrissie said...

Always something interest here Sam it all looks great

Love Chrissie xx

Sue said...

I really like these Sam, fab stencilling xx

craftimamma said...

Fab experiments here Sam. I particularly like the effect of the spritzed reverse stencil one. It looks like an old photo negative. The last one looks great with all the different colours.

Hugs
Lesley Xx

Blog Archive