Sunday 27 November 2016

A Dressed Torso


Started off with a papier mache mini torso and painted it with black Powertex.


Covered a piece of t-shirt fabric in black Powertex and modeled it around the torso trying to create as may ruffles as possible.


Once completely dry I literally painted it with a mix of red Powertex pigment and DecoArt media satin varnish.


I didn't want to just hi-light the ruffles of texture, I actually wanted a red base over the black Powertex.


As you can see I managed to achieve quite a deep red.


Next I started to introduce the gold pigment and this time I did just want to hi-light the ruffles.


And from the back.


And the right side.

 

And the final piece which I'm really pleased with. Unfortunately due to the lack of light and 'sun' you don't get a true picture of how fab the pigments actually look.

3 comments:

craftimamma said...

It looks great Sam. Love the red & gold highlighting and the draping is lovely.

Hugs
Lesley Xx

Helen said...

I love how you got the red colour onto the base colour, it looks fabulous, and the end result is stunning.

chrissie said...

This is stunning Sam. I just love seeing these makes

Chrissie xx

Blog Archive