Saturday 9 July 2016

Open Doors


Over on Mini Marvel FB page we have a swap of fabrics, as the brief wasn't up before I made this I'm hoping I can use it. The image was stamped and transferred onto a piece of cotton scrim, next layer is a used baby wipe, next a piece of tulle and finally all onto the cerise felt.


I stitched the piece of wool all the way around the image to hi-light it and to hold everything together.


Once everything was secure I took the heat tool to it and singed the layers. And finally took my burnishing tool and melted some of the felt.

It measures approx 5.5" x 4.75".


7 comments:

craftimamma said...

It's gorgeous Sam. Love all the fabric layers and the lovely colours and I wondered how you got that edging to the felt. Nice touch and Fab image too. Hope it fits the swap brief!

Hugs
Lesley Xx

The Sparkly Fairy said...

I love this. Its always amazing stamping onto fabric.

chrissie said...

Wonderful textures on this unusual banner Sam

Hope your weekend is going well

Love Chrissie xx

Helen said...

it looks fabulous, love the fringed edges.

Amanda said...

Love the fact it's all fabric, great make
Love
Amanda x

Deborah Wainwright said...

Wow Sam i love this you have inspired me to have a go. Fabulous piece xx

Etsuko said...

Fantastic!! Lovely hanging, I agree with Deborah too. xx

Blog Archive