Thursday 26 May 2016

Oriental Bottle


Having watched a mini clip from DecoArt by Mark Montano showcasing the new Alice Through the Looking Glass release which you can see here, I decided to take his idea but go my own way with it. I covered my bottle with oriental text paper.


Once dry, I gave it a coat of quinacridone red as I wanted to still be able to see the text through the paint. Next I added an oriental image, a couple of strips of washi tape and I cut three flowers from some netting material, a strip from a piece of squared lacy stuff for the back and a piece of red and gold material to go up the right hand side of the image.


I painted the flowers with various colours of metallic lustres, rose gold, turquoise and red. The ladder style lace at the back was painted with the black shimmer lustre.


I outlined the flowers with a black sharpie pen and added black square gem stones in the centers.


I also outlined the red/gold fabric in black too, you can just see a bit of it on the right.


Love how you can still see the text through the paint.


I added a few strands of fibres and a Chinese coin to the bottle neck.


I wasn't too sure what to do with the top as I didn't have anything suitable to put inside to make a top, so I simply covered it with ribbon and stuffed the end in the top of the bottle.


You can see the red / gold outlined fabric better on this photo.


And here is the finished bottle.

All products are from the DecoArt range and don't forget to check out Marks short video.

2 comments:

Helen said...

fantastic alterations, love the deep red colour, and those fabric flowers are gorgeous.

Sandy said...

Sam your bottle creations are fantastic - I love them all. I want to do one but there are so many things I say I want to do and never do them
Beautifully done!
sandy xx

Blog Archive