Tuesday 5 April 2011

Simon Says Challenge


As you know I can't stop playing with my distress stains, so this time I made something for this weeks Simon Says Challenge, which is anything but a card.  The background was coloured with antique linen and wild honey stain.  I then used the timeworks masks with the walnut stain and vintage photo stains.  I die cut the car from brown core card and run it through the diamonds in the rough cuttlebug folder and sanded it back.  I cut the trim from corrugated cardboard.  The cogs are cut from cork, chipboard and cardboard and inked with the darker coloured stains.  I also die cut a flourish and inked with walnut stain stain.  I stamped the phrase with vintage photo stain, ripped around it and coloured the background with antique linen stain.  I cobbled it all together and this is what I came up with.

11 comments:

Zoechaos said...

Great piece love all the materials you used. Love how the stain does not blend but stays true and stands out against the other colour's. XOXO Zoe

Angelnorth said...

Fab piece, lots of great texture nd detail!

Unknown said...

This is lovely Sam ... Thanks for joining the team at Simon Says Stamp and Show ... we hope to see you again soon!

Minxy said...

Super piece, love the colour :D

Dolly Daydreams said...

Sam this is marvelous love the colours and all the texture you have created and just love that car.

Marie

downrightcrafty said...

fabulous sentiment and love the distressed edges to it and all the little extra texture details you have added
Hugs Kate xx

Candy C said...

Cool tag! Love all of the Tim elements you used on this...
Thanks for joining us at Simon Says Stamp and Show Challenge! <3 Candy

LazyKay said...

Brill combo of elements and love the words too.

xxxxxxxxxxxx

ju said...

Love this too...would be lovely for a "man" birthday !!x

Alison said...

Brilliant! Got the jalopy die on order! :o) xxx

Kim Costello said...

Wonderful piece Sam, I love all the different materials and the masculine theme is brilliant!!!
Thank you so much for joining the Simon Says Stamp & Show Challenge!!!
HuGs Kim & the Team :)

Blog Archive