Thursday 24 February 2011

JFF - Week 4 - Angel Wings


Well as you know I'm still away on holiday so this weeks Just for Fun piece was scheduled before I left.  Again the backing is corrugated, painted in snowcap white and pearl acrylic dabbers.  Stamped over with black stazon and the Crafty Individuals angels word stamp - CI140.  The image is stamped onto a white piece of card and 3 feathers were stamped onto white paper and cut out.  A small piece of corrugate was painted in pearl acrylic and if I had wings from Paperartsy Wings Plate 2 was stamped onto it.  The wings were made by gluing lots of feathers to a sheet of card, printing the wings out on acetate, sticking them on top of the feathers and cutting them out.  Everything was attached to the corrugated background with silicone glue.

12 comments:

Femmy said...

it's fabulous Sam!! love the B&W against the corrugated cardboard!!

downrightcrafty said...

hope the holiday is going well (bet you found some craft supplies whilst your there) this has such depth and love all the elements on it
Have fun
Kate xx

Von said...

Well I never Sam real feathers ! Wonderful subtle tones :)
Hope your enjoying the sking xxx

Sid said...

Fab art !!!

Zoechaos said...

Had not realised that you had used feathers for the wings! Awesome. Love this piece is that because its white? who cares its lovely XOXO Zoe

Lesley Edmonds said...

I love the compostion of this and the neutral colours.
Lovely
Lesley x

Sandra's Spot said...

Fantastic peice, I have loved the corregated backgrounds you have used on the challenges so inspiring. I have really enjoyed the first month JFF thanks. XOXO

Neet said...

This has to be one of my favourite art pieces ever - love the composition.
Hope you are having a wonderful time and the weather is just perfect for you.
Will be nice to have you back.

hazel said...

It's gorgeous Sam.
xxx Hazel.

Jaqi said...

very effective , i like that rubber stamped face ......

Anonymous said...

Absolutely stunning! You always inspire me Sam! xx

Denise said...

Hi Sam,
Visual Impact - stunning, to say the least. Texture's marvelous. I so love love love the corrugated background. May I 'borrow' your idea? I hope you are having a wonderful holiday in the snow. That's totally alien to us Africans, you know!
Take care and enjoy and thanks for the inspiration.
Hugs
Denise
oxoxox

Blog Archive