Tuesday 21 September 2010

Handmade Tissue Fabric



Lottie very kindly sent me a bundle of goodies recently and in it were a few different napkins, so I decided to make some tissue fabric from them. (If you click on the link, go back a page to 33 and you will get full instructions on how to.) Unfortunately the photo doesn't do it justice, its lovely IRL. (It's actually much better if you enlarge it, just tried it!!)  Haven't decided what I'm going to do with it yet, but there is a swap going on on of the yahoo groups I belong to, so I might join in with it.

11 comments:

downrightcrafty said...

wow love it those poppies are gorgeous
Kate x

Cath Wilson said...

Enlarged it and you're right - it looks amazing close up. Love the crinkles, especially. Great napkins, too. Where'd you find the time?????

Zoechaos said...

Like Cath says where'd you find the time? gorgeous piece how will you part with it?

Received a real surprise in the post today thank you (((Hugs))) xx Zoe

Unknown said...

I haven't had time to do any crafting lately, but you have tempted me out of the doldrums and I really must make sure that this is the first thing I attempt.

You can really see the layers when you enlarge the photo

Off to look at your link so that I know what to do.

Sid said...

Great looking fabric Sam !

Sam & Poppy said...

Oooh Sam, I just LOVE those :o)x

Femmy said...

great!! love the poppies!

Helen said...

Just picked up your blog link from KCUK and have been looking around all your amazing artwork - great inspiration!

Helen x

June said...

Wow Sam that really is so stunning ! You are an incredible artist i love how you work and have missed seeing all your goodies so just had a browse. Beautiful!!! and inspirational my friend.
hugs June xxxxxx

Anonymous said...

Beautiful fabric transfer Sam! Look forward to seeing what becomes of it! x

Deborah said...

A wonderful piece of fabric paper, Sam. Don't forget to post what you do with it.

Blog Archive