Wednesday 18 August 2010

Finders, Keepers


I love this piece, not only for the colours but the range of materials used.  I transferred the images onto the white cottom scrim.  The next layer would you believe is a thick dishcloth which I painted with magenta and plum silk paints which I picked up at The Range at the weekend.  Next is a layer of lilac tulle and finally a layer of burgandy thick felt (again from The Range). I sewed all the layers together using a straight stitch and went over it with a zig-zag stitch.  I added the piece of fibre around the edge using the widest zig-zag stitch.  Using my craft tool I burnt away some of the felt and tulle.  If you try this, make sure you are in a well ventilated room, as it really does give off some fumes.

8 comments:

downrightcrafty said...

I think your high on your fumes and definitely poorly

quote
I love this piece, not only for the colours

Sam it is PINK !!!!!! in the main

However I may love all the elements of it but still worried about you hun

Hugs Kate xx

Zoechaos said...

WOW Sam you are making some wonderful fabric art these days all the textures and rich colours wonderful. xx Zoe

Neet said...

Can see why you love this piece. The image is gorgeous and perfect for the layers you have done. Love the dyed dishcloth. I would never have thought of that as a piece of material to use in something like this.
absolutely fantastically wonderful!

LazyKay said...

Lovely image words combo and great textures which compliment one another. Love the deep raspberry colour too.

xxxxxxxxxxxx

Anonymous said...

lovin this piece...beautiful colours and stitching.

Deborah said...

I've bought dishcloths before with an eye to doing something with them. Never have - and never thought of silk paints. A beautiful textural piece!

Femmy said...

again such a beautiful fabric piece!

Shairon said...

Sam, it's PINK and gorgeous! xx

Blog Archive