Saturday 21 March 2009

Claireabelle's Birthday


I made this for Claire from the Lotstodo forum as it's her birthday today - Happy Birthday Claire. The 'C' is another find from Canada, a 6" high wooden alphabet letter. I coated it in black acrylic paint and when dry applied vaseline in various places. I then used 4 different colours of Adirondack Dimensional Pearls to completely cover it. This is one of the techniques Sir Tim uses on his lastest dvd, The Journey Continues. Once dry, I wiped off the paint where the vaseline was, this revealed the black base coat. I covered a thin 5" x 7" canvas, again another find from Canada, with purple twilight acrylic dabber paint and when dry, stuck the C to it and the rest of the tiled letters to spell out Claire's name

12 comments:

For the life of me said...

lovely sam, love the colours xx

crafty creations said...

Stunning - Claire will love it

x Hilda

Paper Paradise said...

I'm sure Claire will be chuffed to receive this Sam, it's great!

The tutorial of my slidemount frame is brilliant. You broke it down in easy stages, very impressive.

Sorry but I've tagged you, it's all Dyan at Art from the Hearts fault!!!!!See my blog for details. Sorry again......
Sue x

Femmy said...

this looks great!!!

Anonymous said...

Great colour combo and brill effect.

xxxxxxx

Ang C said...

absolutely gorgeous I'm sure Claire loves it

Denise said...

Totally stunning! You work is just fab!
Please e-mail me I need to find out about a 'technique' I've heard about and AM CLUELESS! I need to pick your brain!
Hugs
Denise
oxoxox

Sue said...

This is brilliant, Claire is sure to love it xx

Beccy said...

Fantastic sam Claire will adore it. x

Anonymous said...

This is so clever - love it.

Guess you will be making regular trips to Canada now to stock up.

mommabear said...

Its fabulous Sam

Mags said...

OMG, this is stunning, love it!

Blog Archive