Friday 6 February 2009

Hilda's Birthday Present


It's my mate Hilda's birthday today - I won't tell you how old she is though!!! So I made this box frame for her. I cut a piece of corrigated cardboard 6 x 6 to fit in the back of the frame. I ripped pieces off it and painted it with various colours of acrylic dabbers. I made a smaller frame using my PA stamps and found an image of a little boy fit to be a little prince to sit inside it. I run a piece of metal through my dymo and stamped it with 'little prince' and attached it to the bottom of the little frame. I put bits of an old watch into a bottle top and filled it with diamond glaze and attached it top right, put an old rusty key with silver wires wrapped around it underneath and added a row of washers and a cog. I added the word 'always' top left with a piece of metal running through it. Using my cuttlebug I die cut the words ' what do you see?', stuck them to the outside of the large frame and added a few washers. I then covered the outsides of the frame with sticky aliminium foil and rubbed over with my brayer and paperstump. I was going to use alcohol inks to colour it but I decided I quite liked it plain - hope Hilda likes it.

11 comments:

Plant Freak said...

Very cute! I'm sure she will just love it!

crafty creations said...

Like it Sam - I love it - it's absolutely stunning all the pieces you have added are amazing - I keep having another look and discovering other bits!!!! Sir Tim has taught you well!!!!

Thank you so very much I'll always treasure it

Hugs Hilda

Claireabelle said...

It's fabulous Sam! lucky Hilda
xx

SueHart said...

It's fab, Sam. love the little boy and the washers. Great touch. !! x

Beccy said...

It looks lovely Sam

Anonymous said...

fabulous - Sam - you have excelled yourself.

Paper Paradise said...

Talk about thinking outside the box, it's absolutely fantastic!!!

The corrugated cardboard makes a great backdrop, and everything you have used 'just fit'. Hilda's a very lucky lady.

OOOOOO only six days to go until our day out Sam, really getting excited now!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Excellent. Never thought of putting anything but Dymo tape through my Dymo - thanks for the tip!

xxxxxxx

Femmy said...

beautiful!! what a great gift!

Minxy said...

Blimey you've been busy, fantastic piece of metal art hun, love it and i'm sure hilda did too x

kathleen said...

Absolutely stunning!

Blog Archive