Monday 27 March 2023

Finn Class - Day 1 - Altered Canvas (PM)

                         

Next was the very large oblong canvas.  Jules getting the wrapping off hers.


Prepping the canvas ready for the tissue papers.


This one was mine.


We used icing paste through a stencil on the largest of the mdf circles.


Jules deciding which bit of the tissue paper to use.


This was a large project and we got lots and lots of embellishments to use on it.


This is everything out of the packets, there was absolutely loads to choose from.


So this is how I arranged mine on the canvas.


Next we painted everything with white gesso.  We gave it two or three coats in some places.


I added a combination of prussian blue and black, sprayed with water, twisted the canvas to move the paint around and finished off with silver metallic wax.  I didn't have a suitable image to finish it off, so I left it until I got home.


And finally a group photo, had to be inside as it was dark outside - lol.


I won a Patron prize too, I pulled out the apron.  Thanks Anna, so generous.


And this is my shopping.  It's all Dusty Attic as you can't get it anywhere else in the UK that I know of.  And, it was lovely to see it in the flesh.  Could have easily spent loads more, but thankfully I didn't!

We didn't get finished until 8pm, so straight to the restaurant to order food at last food orders were 8.30pm.  The portions were massive, I had gammon, egg, pineapple, chips and salad, was lovely.

No comments:

Blog Archive