Saturday 23 July 2022

Industrial Style Plaque

 


I painted a piece of recycled wood with black gesso. I pulled a few bits and bobs out to go with the circuit board.


I stencilled on the substrate and started to stick the elements down with heavy body gel.


Gave everything a couple of coats of white gesso.


Next I added paint, I used burnt sienna, raw umber, watered down.


I then went on to use Prussian blue and sap green, again spraying with water and drying as I went along.


I then went over some areas again with white gesso to calm some of the colour down.


I literally just carried on until I was happy with the look.


And lastly I used some Finn waxes to high-light some areas and to add depth.


I also tried to create a rustic grungy look.


I also tried to create a patina look to the piece.

No comments:

Blog Archive