Tuesday 12 April 2022

Curiosity Cabinet

 


I picked up a lovely box from the car boot on Sunday.


I played around with some patterned papers on the inside.


I started to pull some pieces together to put on the inside. I made these candles from straws and hot glue.


I created another embellishment using resin bones inside a glass vial and gluing a button on the end to keep the contents inside. It also helped to have a flat surface to glue it into the cabinet.


Next I started to play around with how I wanted to display the objects inside.


And kept going until all the shelves were filling up nicely.


A view of the left side of the completed box.


This is what I settled on for the bottom two shelves of the box.


These are what I settled on for the top two shelves of the box.


And a photo of all the shelves.


And the view from the front of the whole cabinet.


The outside has been painted with charcoal rusty paint to give it texture. Once dry I also gave it a coat of varnish.


This is the closure.

No comments:

Blog Archive