Saturday 12 March 2022

Pigment Experimenting on Resin

Last night I was watching a live on FB about the new Pentart rub on pigments and dipping paint. So today I decided to see if I could replicate the colours using stash I already have. Here are the results:


This is Pearl Ex interference green mixed with Finnabair clear antiquing wax and applied with a brush onto the resin piece which had been primed with matte black gesso.


For this one I used the gold olive secret loft pigment and Finnabair clear antiquing wax. Resin piece painted in matte black gesso.


And this one with kiwi perfect pearls from Ranger and Finnabair clear antiquing wax applied with a brush. Resin piece primed with matte black gesso.


The butterfly was primed with matte black gesso and then painted with DecoArt interference green paint. No wax required.


Then I came across a bottle of black high gloss paint so I painted directly onto the piece.


When it was dry it was really shiny.


I then used Finnabair clear antiquing wax with perfect pearls interference green from Ranger.  I didn't like this result.


So I used matte black gesso and completely painted over it.


And the result wasn't much better but was better than using the gloss paint.


And lastly I used Finnabair clear antiquing wax and Luminarte pigments on the cogs at each end.


And this is how I put all the different elements together to create a notebook / journal cover.

No comments:

Blog Archive