Thursday 30 June 2011

JFF - Week 22 - Anything Goes



Well not quite for the JFF DT this week.  Instead we decided to pair up, send each other a few random bits and pieces and using at least five, the challenge was to make something with what you'd been sent.  Above is a selection of what I got from Zoe.


And here is what I came up with.  I used the beermat as the base and coloured it with copper acrylic dabbers.  I unravelled the blue plastic coated paperclip and coloured that with the same colour.  The two pieces of wood I covered in hazelnut dabber and stamped with black soot.  The beermat was stamped with script from PBS again in black soot and also edged in the same colour.  The piece of embossed chipboard at the bottom was also coloured with the copper and swiped over with the black soot.  I cut the paperclip and made it into a couple of hangers for the top and bottom.  I arranged the pieces of wood and placed the metal leaf on the top.

13 comments:

Zoechaos said...

So no stenciling and no George and the Dragon LOL Fantastic piece really creative with the stuff I sent to you. XOXO Zoe

downrightcrafty said...

wow your mind really thinks so far outside each box that mine gets restrained by love it
Kate x

Sid said...

Great use of a random selection of bits !

Von said...

You have created calm out of chaos excuse the pune lol brilliant Sam
Von xxx

Anonymous said...

Fab project Sam. All from those bits and pieces. Impressive!
Regards Florence.

ju said...

What a transformation Sam !! x

richardbreaks said...

Love this. Thanks for the nice welcome to JFF, and for stopping by my blog!

Dolly Daydreams said...

Hi Sam . I cant quite believe you made such a wonderful creative piece out of what you where sent by Zoe . Not that `i don't think you are capable just that I think Miss Zoe sent you her trash can ( sorry Zoe )the outcome is truly amazing fabulous piece and I love it.

Marie

hazel said...

You've made a fabulous piece out of what Zoe sent you - I wouldn't have known where to start.
xxx Hazel.

Jaqi said...

What a transformation.....very inspirational

Neet said...

Great to see an explanation to what you used and what you got. What a great piece you made from Zoe's stuff. Hugs, Neet x

Joy said...

Zoe sent you a tough task there Sam, but you took it and ran with it. Brilliant! Love Von's remark about 'chaos' clever. xx

Alison said...

Brilliant use of Zoe's materials Sam! I can't believe you didn't use the 'green' felt though! Lol! xx

Blog Archive