Thursday 17 January 2013

Sand Paper meets Artbars


Over at the PaperArtsy blog the guest designer has been sharing more techniques, this time using sand paper and pastels.  You can find the full instructions here.  I used Artbars as I don't have the portfolio pastels. I used green(A18), turquoise (A15) and cyan (A13).


This is a close up after having used the sand paper, but I only had 1 grade which was fine, probably could of done with a bit more ruffage!!!  Don't even know if you can see it very well.


I used the stencil bump technique on the background, stamped some script from the PA Ink and the dog background #2 plate and used the main images off the LP collection 005 plate.  The crunchy waxed kraft paper has been coated in treasure gold, aquamarine, sapphire, olive bronze and a bit of onyxite thrown in too and attached with T!m's tiny attacher.  Fibres added to finish.

13 comments:

Helen said...

Ooh, Sam, like it, like it a lot! I haven't tried the bumping with my portfoleos yet. maybe I'll play tonight!

Marianne said...

Lovely this Lynn Perelli tag!
Hugs,
Marianne

Maridee said...

OOOoooOOOO Love it!

Words and Pictures said...

Yum... saw the sanding post, but haven't had a chance to play yet - this is fabulous, Sam!
Alison x

Alison said...

Fabulous tag Sam, the sanding looks great! xxx

Gillian .... said...

FAB make Sam, the bumping looks great! Thanks for joining in the fun this week over on the PA blog!.

Burnice said...

Liking very much!!
Burnice x

Ann said...

Gorgeous tag Sam - I love everything about it!! fab technique & gorgeous colours.

Ann xx

chrissie said...

This is a great tag Sam and you have got the bump technique just right.

Love Chrissie xx

Sue said...

Fabulous Sam, I'm loving this bumping technique xx

Von said...

Great tag Sam and the bump gives it real depth :)

hazel said...

Gorgeous tag Sam, I must try the bumping technique.
xxx Hazel.

Helen said...

Again lovely colours. Helen

Blog Archive