Sunday 27 January 2013

It's all in the Stars


Over at this weeks PanPastelUk challenge they are asking to see 'stars'.  So I decided to have another play with my PaperArtsy paints and stamps and incorporated some of the fab technqiues the guest designers have been show casing over on the PaperArtsy blog.  I absolutely love this stamp from the LP #5 plate.  I used a #8 tag.


For this one I used a #10 tag which is much, much bigger but the image is huge!!  It's from the LP #10 plate.  

I can't begin to tell you how many colours of fresco paint I used to create the background.  I basically just kept layering them up until I got what I liked, then I sanded back.

14 comments:

Helen said...

They are both simply gorgeous, Sam! lots of lovely colours.

Marianne said...

LOvely. What a rich coloured background!! Love them both!
xxx
Marianne

Tracey-B said...

These tags are wonderful, I love the colours and the stamps! x

Carol Q said...

you're doing wonderful things with these Lynn Perella stamps Sam - going to have to add them to my collection!

Von said...

Loveing your Paper Artsy playng will have to check it out when I have some time :)
Von ♥

Tracie said...

looks fab sam! thanks for joining with pan pastel challenge :D

Sid said...

Two fantastic tags Sam !!

chrissie said...

Both very classy Sam--the second one is my favourite-something about it that stands out for me.

Love Chrissie xx

Words and Pictures said...

Two more gorgeous tags, Sam - you really are on fire with the PaperArtsy stuff...
Alison x

Jenny Marples said...

I adore the colour mix you've achieved on each of these Sam. Hugs, Jenny x

Terry said...

Woww thanksss for sharing your fabulous project and the stars with the DT from PanPastel UK, love the colors and the image you have worked with. Thank you for sharing Hugs Terry xxxx

hazel said...

Fabulous tags Sam - gorgeous backgrounds and I love the whit dots around the edge of the first one.
xxx Hazel.

Cath Wilson said...

It's a gorgeous background, though, Sam - worth every mm of paint! Love those stars, too. Must get out my huge tag die!

Lindsay Craftymonster81 said...

Really fabulous makes, I love those colours and the sentiment and combination of images is fantastic. Thank you for joining in with the PanPastel challenge
Lindsay xx

Blog Archive