Tuesday 22 January 2013

PaperArtsy Tags


Over at the PaperArtsy blog we are on the third week of the guest designers.  So pop over here to find out who it is and see the technique used to make the above tag.  

I've been experimenting again, hence the two tags.  I've used the same colours of Fresco paint on each tag.  The top one is on kraft card and the colours came out darker.  In fact the haystack and limelight were almost swallowed up.


And this one is a manilla coloured tag done in exactly the same way.  As you can see the colours came out much brighter.


I've put them side by side so you get a better idea of the colours, but I actually like both of them for different reasons.  I had great fun mixing and matching the stamps from the mini's, ink and the dog and LP sets.  In fact, I'd forgotten just what I did have!!

I'm also entering my tags into the Anything But A Card challenge, which has the theme of tie it up.


And look what I have to add to the collection.  I won this set in last weeks PaperArtsy draw, so what you waiting for, all you need is some PA stamps and Fresco paint, if you don't have them check out the on-line store here. You don't have to follow to the letter, just use the technique and improvise!!  Above all, have fun xxx

21 comments:

Helen said...

They look fab, Sam! Love the colours, and what a difference on Kraft to normal manilla. Great fun, may have to enter again.............!

PaperArtsy said...

Well that was an interesting experiment! Now you need to do a third with snowflake as the base under the paint, and see how much brighter that is!

For reference, if you start with an opaque base-coat paint (eg most of the lights: vintage lace, nougat, snowflake, honey dew, sherbert, moonlight), it won't matter the colour of the BG card because the opaque will give high coverage in one coat and obliterate the colour of the BG card.

So, in contrast, if you start on coloured card with translucent paint shades like zesty zing/ limelight, claret, smoked paprika, then what is underneath will still show thru.

You can use this to your advantage, sometimes its very cool to let what is underneath show thru ...book text etc

Thanks for playing along Sam.

downrightcrafty said...

loving the colours on this one, gorgeous and super use of the string with the little tag
Hugs Kate xx

Rosie said...

Your tags are fabulous, Sam

Minxy said...

Oooo they're both fab but I love the second one, the choice of stamp with the added rock star is spot on

Deborah said...

Yep, second one. But they are both fab. And I love your choice of stamp.

Marianne said...

Wauw, great tags!! I see the difference of the colours.... the second is much brighter, but I think the first one is more beautiful with the richer colour.
Great new stamp set, Sam!! Good choice!
Hugs,
Marianne

Sue said...

Gorgeous tags Sam, they both look fab! It's nice to go back through the old PA stamps isn't it. I love the stamps you've chosen as your prize, I bet it's not too long till they see ink :-) xx

Clare with paint in her hair said...

Gorgous! fabulous experiment!

Jenny Marples said...

Well done on your well deserved win Sam. Love these two tags - as you say the base can make all the difference. And then to top it all you get a personal masterclass in your comments from Leanne herself!! Your work is clearly getting the exposure it truly deserves. Hugs, Jenny x

Words and Pictures said...

Fab experimentation - two great tags... and congrats on your win - what a great new bit of stash to play with!
Alison x

chrissie said...

Stunning tags Sam-I love the yellow glow in the middle it gives them focus.

Best wishes Chrissie xx

Alison said...

Another fantastic pair of tags Sam! xxx

Anonymous said...

I'm seriously impressed, these are beautiful.

Julia S-W said...

Again, gorgeous tags and totally wonderful images Sam. I'm on catch up so please forgive me for being late!
Jxxx

Clare Lloyd said...

really great tags there. x

Trish said...

Loving the tags, they are both great!

Gillian .... said...

Fantastic tags, the 2nd one looks great. Thanks for joining in the PaperArtsy fun! x

Lucy Edmondson said...

I love both the tags, Sam, and love the Rock Star one. Great experiment! Would love to see them with Leandra's idea of Snowflake as the base! Well done on your win! You made me smile as I asked Brenda to bring over her PA stamps but when I scrambled together mine, it's amazing how many bits I had (No LP's though, boo hoo),

Lucy x

hazel said...

Both tags are fabulous Sam.
xxx Hazel.

CarlaKH said...

Wonderfully fabulous tags! I love the colors and depth on both of them... and of course the images are perfect for them! I also love your dogs :)

Thanks so much for joining us at Anything But a Card Challenges!

Blog Archive