Sunday, 20 August 2017

A Different Fabric Book



I decided to use two whole pieces to create the covers for this book but still used the same method and created a 'pillow', it was just a bigger one!


I chose some images to machine sew onto the front. Once sewn on I decided to add some hand stitching onto some of the pattern on the fabric. 


And this is the back cover done in exactly the same way.


Inside front cover and first page.


I decided to leave the pages inside as they were.


Added a couple of images to cover up some writing.








Last page and inside of the back cover.

I'm entering into the PaperArtsy challenge again with this one.

If you are interested, it's also for sale on my Facebook site.

Fabric Art Journal Book


As I had lots of pillows embellished, I decided to put together another book.


And this is what I put together for the back cover.


Front and back covers sewn together.


I painted some of the pages in this journal and left some of them plain.


Selection of some of the images on the inside pages.


Sewn in images and fabric edges.


Inside of the front cover and first page.


Last page and inside of the back cover.


More of the inside pages, some painted, some plain.



Painted pages, plain pages, sewn in images.

Slipping this into the challenge over on the PaperArtsy blog.

This one is also for sale, info can be found on my FB Page.

Saturday, 19 August 2017

Recycled Fabric Journal


I was meant to be at a workshop today making a book, but unforunately it was cancelled by the tutors, so I decided to make my own. I started by making some Teesha 'pillows' and embellishing them.



I chose these pillows for the front cover.


And these ones for the back cover.


I have sewn them all together to create the book covers.


Inside I've used recycled envelopes of different sizes.



Added in some stamped images.


Machine sewn around the fabric images and the strips on the edges.


Inside front cover and first page.


Last page and inside of the back cover.




Selection of some of the inside pages.

PaperArtsy still have a them of books, so I'm going to enter this one too.

This book is for sale in my FB shop if you are interested.

Sunday, 13 August 2017

Harajuku Girls



Five of the girls stamped onto magazine pages, cut out and mounted onto white paper, then mounted onto black card to create the boarded. Placed inside a frameless photoframe.


5" x 7" wooden photo frame painted black to house the three girls.


4" x 6" wooden photo frame painted black with a couple of Harajuka girls.


5" x 7" frameless clip frame with a black border.


4" x 6" frameless clip frame with a black boarder and a couple of Harajuku girls.

Fabric Art Book Journal


One day a couple of weeks ago I went al fresco in the garden which helped them dry!


Once completely dry, I added strips of fabric to the edges of the envelopes.


I made some little pillows to create the covers of the book.


Next I quilted them and turned over the edges. I decided to machine quilt them.


I arranged the individual pieces to create the front and back covers.


Then I sewed them together. This is going to be the front.


And this one the back, which is also now all sewn together.


I placed them next to each other and then sewed them together. 


Once the covers were completed I went through the pages and added images over addresses etc on the envies.










The completed book, this is the front with the signature now sewn in.


Inside front cover and first page.


A few of the inside pages with images sewn in.








Back page and inside of the back of the fabric cover.


Back cover with the signature sewn in.


And this is the whole book laid out flat showing the front and back fabric covers.

PaperArtsy have a theme of books this time around so I am entering this make.




Blog Archive