Friday, 30 June 2017

A couple of Tags

DecoArt satin paints used for the background along with Kate Crane stamps and various stencils. Parts of Crowabout and Teesha Moore images to create the main feature.

And more or less the same process for this one. Added some hi-lights in white and black pen.

And the pair of them side by side.

Lolly Sticks

Had a play with some DecoArt satin paints. The Teesha Moore images may not have been the best to go with, but hey ho.

And these are the backs, you may recognise the Kate Crane stamps which were stamped using the same satin paint.

Saturday, 24 June 2017

A Couple of Oxide Tags

Created the background with the distress oxides. Seth border stamps and my new steampunk man stamped in timber brown stazon and then an Andy Skinner stamp lightly stamped in the background.

And more or less the same with this one. Seth border stamp, Andy skinner main images and background stamp all stamped in timber brown stazon.

And the pair side by side.


Had a little play to make this little character. The background was already there. I'm guessing it was excess paint from another project.

Hearts and Cherubs

Yesterday I made some moulds from clay from my new Prima set. Poured ivory Powertex over the mdf heart, set the clay piece in, added some sand balls and cotton scrim and then sprayed with yellow bister to create the crackle with a hairdryer.

I used gold and green pigments to bring out some of the textures.

And in complete contrast, I applied modelling paste through a stencil and when dry, painted the heart with rouge chalky finish paint and hi-lighted the stencilling with black metalic lustre.

I painted the cherub with black chalky paint, added a layer of grey antiquing cream and wiped back.

The same, but completely different!!!

Friday, 23 June 2017

Quick Tag Play

Black gesso and then lots of different DecoArt media paints until I was happy with the colour. Texture sand paste around the edges.

Stamped my new steampunk man and hi-lighted in white posca pen.

White tinting base, followed by a couple of coats of chalky paint and some hair clay to act as a resist, then a layer of purple media paint and wiped back.

Stamped the skull, whited it out and over stamped. Stamped the words and used a white posca pen to hi-light and I also whitened the teeth too!!!

All products are from the DecoArt range.

Sunday, 18 June 2017

6 x 6 & Tag

I muted down some of the background page that I created yesterday by brayering over with a wash of titan buff media paint.  Then using a toothbrush, I spritzed and flicked the rest of the paint. I used a couple of T!m Holtz stamps in timber brown stazon, a dog from the paper dolls Idea-ology pack and whizzed around the outside with the sewing machine. It measures 6" x 6".

And another tag with a Stampotique figure, an Idea-ology dog and again more machine stitching around the edges.

Saturday, 17 June 2017

Explore Everything Tag

Ooooh it's been, and still is, so hot today. I was urging to do something but I really was so hot and bothered, however I did manage this tag using Seth's stamps and dies and distress oxides. I finally cracked open the fossilized amber! The good thing is, it's great weather to get a decent photo!

Fathers Day Cards

A couple of quick fathers day cards, one for Martin's dad and one for mine.  This is actually red, but looks pink and is from a gelli print page with a stamped Stampotique figure.

This one is for my dad and has bits of TH idea-ology and other findings on it.

Sunday, 11 June 2017

Cherub Canvas

So I watched this video posted on FB and just had to have a go. Quite pleased with how it turned out for a first go, but next time I need to be more generous with the powertex.

Close up of the fab crackle with the ivory powertex and the bisters.

I used kitchen roll to frame the picture and added in a little powertex cherub and some small wooden hearts.

Powertex Statue

I felt the need to make another Powertex statue this weekend after seeing a few adverts for classes pop up on my FB timeline. 

I just took a few photos of the finished piece and placed them in different places around the garden.

This is probably my favourite place and it also appears to show up the dry brushing the best.

Love how the material twisted at the back.

Friday, 2 June 2017

Shrine using T!m's house die

I decided to try and make some moulds from the wooden wings I'd order recently and then I put some clay in them and they turned out okay. As they are only very thin they didn't take very long to dry and I also put them out in the sun. The shrine shape is actually the bigger of T!m's houses with a panel cut out the front. I used DecoArt products to decorate it and all the embellishments.

Blog Archive