I painted a piece of corrugated in green patina eco friendly paint. Attached a piece of fabric to the top half, singed a piece of green organza and stapled it to the corrugated. I wrapped the clay pieces around a kebab stick, stamped into the clay and made some holes to enable me to sew them down. Before baking I covered the clay pieces with micaceous iron oxide to enable me to add perfect pearls after baking. I painted the kebab stick and added a bead to each end.
The clay piece on the left was made as above, the other piece was laid flat and stamped into. Strips of fabric have been sewn onto the scrunched paper background which has been coloured with brusho. The thick piece of wool fibre has been couched onto the piece. The green jute was machine sewn and a piece cut out to house the clay piece. Singed organza was used to house the second clay piece which was sewn on with embroidery threads. Finally I added a pre dyed silk cocoon which I got from Harrogate and placed some mohair inside it. I just need to decide what to mount it on.
I machine sewed various fibres to the scrunched paper background, again coloured with brusho. Singed three pieces of rose coloured organza and inlaid each piece of stamped clay sewing down using the pre made holes. I machine sewed the piece of green jute. I covered the whole thing with a piece of chocolate coloured tulle, machine sewed around the edges, cut diagonally across the middle and then cut those pieces in half again. Using the heat tool I singed the tulle away from the middle and it attached back on itself on the outside pieces. I sewed on three wooden beads to finish.