Friday 25 January 2013

Clock Canvas Collage


Linda is back with her third technique of the week over at the PaperArtsy blog, which you can find here.  

Using my new clock stencil and texture paste I created the textured background.  I lightly sponged eggplant, claret, baltic blue, beach hut, pansy and nougat onto the canvas.   I stamped the images and words from the Ink and the dog, Clocks #3 plate onto tissue paper, cut them out and glued down with Mod Podge.  I swiped a black stazon ink pad over the canvas to pick up the texture paste.  I went back in with the paints and used a black Posca pen to hi-light the words.  I stamped the TH chicken wire in blaze red stazon and the script from the Ink and the dog background #2 plate in ultramarine stazon.  I edged the canvas with black paint.  Finally I added some watch parts to embellish.

This week the theme over at Out of a Hat Creations is clocks.  My canvas fits perfectly so I'm entering it into their challenge too.

16 comments:

Helen said...

Well done with this, Sam it is fantastic! Thanks too for your constructive criticism of mine yesterday, it was much appreciated!

Paula Whittaker said...

looks stunning!

Helen said...

(trying to comment again! blogger issues!)
This is fantastic, Sam. I love the clock stencil, I haven't seen that one! (how come?!!!) Thanks for the advice re mine yesterday, too.

chrissie said...

This is beautiful Sam and you are certainly working so well with new techniques and colours.

Always terrific to have you join in with us at the Hatters.

Love Chrissie xxx

Marianne said...

Great! And you used beautiful colours! Also love the clockstamps and the text!
Have a nice day!
Hugs,
Marianne

Rosie said...

This is gorgeous, Sam.

Have a nice weekend

Burnice said...

that's good as usual! Loving the colours.
Burnice x

Trish said...

Lovely piece! Such great colour combo, and I love that clock stencil!

Anonymous said...

That's lovely, the texture is great.

Words and Pictures said...

Love this, Sam! That's a yummy stencil, and I can see you've had fun playing!
Alison x

Sid said...

Looks great Sam !!

Alison said...

Gorgeous!!! xxx

Sandra's Spot said...

Awesome canvas Sam, love how you have made the texture work for you. It's just great. Thanks for joining the Hatters. Hugs Sandra X

Sue said...

Love this Sam, gorgeous colours, and fab use of the chicken wire stamp xx

Janet said...

Stunning canvas Sam,love the colours,off to take a look at the technique.
thanks for joining us at Out of a Hat
Janet x

Anonymous said...

I am a sucker for anything to do with time , clocks, watches..

so you have a winner here with me..

Love the colours..

S.

Blog Archive