Sunday 20 January 2013

Most Useful Stamp


Over at Out of a Hat Creations this week, they have a brilliant challenge.  For me the choice was very easy.  Not only is this my most useful stamp, but it is one of my favourites - it's so versatile.


You can see it's well used.  I think it must be the blackest wooden rubber stamp I own!!  I also think it was one of the first stamps I ever bought!!  Great buy!!


This is the image stamped as a whole.


This is why it is so versatile, it's great for inchies, especially that face on a 1" piece of stampbord with a coloured background and scratched into.


The tags can be cut into individual tags and used together or separately.


And it makes a great decoupage image.


Don't know if you can see the depth you can achieve.


I've mounted all the tags and then the face again.


And the stamp and the circle from the two smaller tags.


I know I've been asked the name of this stamp before so here it is.  I do believe it's now discontinued, but if you get the chance of getting your hands on one, don't pass it up!!!


And finally I mounted it onto a piece of black card.

19 comments:

Helen said...

What a gorgeous stamp, not to mention piece of art you've created. I love how you've layered it up.

Marianne said...

Very very lovely!! Great choice.... and you made a gorgeous card again!!
Hugs,
Marianne

downrightcrafty said...

wow love how you have shown how versatile the stamp is and love what you have done with it with the tags a great piece. Also love the photo's yesterday reminded me of Star in her shattered modes
Hugs Kate xx

chrissie said...

Love all of this Sam and thanks for explaining how you made the beautiful piece with your stamp. No wonder you love it and find it useful.

Thanks for joining in with us at the Hatters and for being on the Friendship Quilt as well

Best wishes Chrissie xx

Carol Q said...

I wish I'd kept that stamp now Sam. you've done much better things with it than I ever did! lovely work

Chris said...

You can certainly get a lot of different looks with just that one stamp, Sam. A great buy and a fab project. xx

Burnice said...

Now that's what I call versatile!
Loving what you created too.
Burnice x

Words and Pictures said...

Fabulous - it's so clear how much you love this tag, and I can see it is wonderfully versatile. Your layered card is just brilliant, Sam!
Alison xx

Von said...

Super stamp Sam !

Minxy said...

Love what you've done with this card, I was given that very stamp and I have never used it!!

Deborah said...

Oh that stamp is right up my street! And you certainly demonstrated its versatility beautifully, Sam.

Jenny Potter said...

You really know how to layer there, Sam! It's GORGEOUS! What you see in your stamp is amazing! You have made very good use of it. Love your style!
Smiles
Jen

Sid said...

Fab stamp and fab creation Sam !

hazel said...

It is a great stamp and I love what you have done with it.
xxx Hazel.

Sandra's Spot said...

Hi Sam that is one very versatile stamp and I love how you have used everybit of it for those layers. Thanks for joining us at OOAH. Hugs Sandra X

Tracey-B said...

What a great stamp and I love what you've done with it too! x

Janet said...

Hi Sam,
what a fantastic stamp with so many different ways to use it,thanks for sharing with us at Out of a Hat
Janet x

Alison said...

Ooh! I love that stamp Sam, & you've used it brilliantly! xxx

Claudia N. said...

Awesome! Love your use of that fab stamp! It's YOU who make it versatile, not the stamp itself, I would say! That's very artistic!!! LOVE IT!

die amelie x

Blog Archive