Saturday 26 January 2013

Primadonna Wooden Canvas


Well not quite a wooden canvas!!  In fact, two pieces of wood 3.5" x 2.5" glued together to make a piece 3.5" x 5" for PaperArtsy technique #4 by Linda.


I created the background as per the technique, but used slightly different colours.  I also used different images as I don't have those either!!  As you can see, because of the ridge where I glued the wood together it didn't quite stamp properly.  I painted the bright gold wings with baltic blue paint and then swiped it off with a baby wipe to make them look more grungy and fitting for the piece.


After I'd used the white Posca pen I took out my black one and filled in the gap where the ink had missed the wood on the main image.

11 comments:

Helen said...

Great work, very inventive using the things you have! The background looks fab, though, I love it.

Alison said...

Wow! It's fantastic Sam, great colours! xxx

Marianne said...

LOvely creation. I've been following the technique from Linda and I think this is a great wooden canvas creation!! Well done.
Hugs,
Marianne

Words and Pictures said...

Lovely blending of the background colours to leave that beautiful highlighted area in the centre - love your woodblock canvas!
Alison x

Gillian .... said...

This is what the challenges are all about Sam, being inspired by the GD and the PA products to make something your own! You have certainly done that with this GORGEOUS make, love how you have improvised with the wooden blocks, for me this adds extra interest to the piece. Love this lots. Thanks again for your enthusiasm in supporting us! x

Sue said...

Fabulous Sam, I love how you've created this x

Chris said...

Wow, what a fabulous project, Sam. Love the image - great thinking on the black Posca! :o)

Paula Whittaker said...

I can see you've been well and truly inspired by the PaperArtsy tutes etc. Looks superb.

downrightcrafty said...

always love the way you use your stamps and the colours you obtain when you create
Hugs Kate xx

hazel said...

A great piece Sam - lovely image and colours.
xxx Hazel.

chrissie said...

Terrific idea Sam to use the real wood. I like the one with misses stamping it gives it character.

Have a good day

Love Chrissie xx

Blog Archive