Friday 31 August 2018

A Boot Pour


Remember my £1 pair of boots I picked up at the car boot? Well I decided to play with one of them today. (BH Monday).


I had/have no idea what I was doing but I decided I wanted to do a paint pour over the boot! I mixed about 8 colours of paint, including black and white and took the lace out of the boot.


Once I'd mixed all the paints I poured them all into one big coke cup. This is what I ended up with.


And this is how much the cup was filled up. I had no idea how much I would need!


Before I got to this stage I needed assistance. Once I'd poured the paint and covered the boot I was stuck. I never thought about what I was going to do with it or how it would dry. So I shouted Martin who put a carrier bag over a cooling rack for me and I stood it on that. I took it outside and paint is still dripping off it three hours later. That tells me I used far too much paint, but hey ho.


The only problem is, with the paint still moving, the pattern is changing all the time and it's difficult to 'save' something that you like. This is still soaking wet and the paint is still sinking down.


From the zip side, but again still very wet and the paint is still moving.


I was asked the other day if there is much wastage, and the answer is yes, lots! I'm not sure if you can see from this photo as the excess paint is caught on a piece of thick cellophane in a tray and it's quite deep. It may be my fault as I may have used too much, but I've been caught out before not having enough. I did contemplate tipping it onto a canvas, but as I wasn't too far away from making mud with all the colours, I decided just to leave it to get a skin on it before I dispose of it, as I reckon it will take weeks to dry! 


Three days later, totally dried, this is what I've ended up with and I love it.


View from the non zip side.


Close up of the front of the boot. Here it's held the colours and shape better because it was a flatter surface and didn't have far to drip.


Close up of the outside of the boot, some great colour combos going on.


Love this section here where the yellow has come through.


Another close up, love how it's come out.


And how the paint has continued and dripped over the sole of the boot.


And this is the zip side of the boot.


I really love it and not bad for a first boot pour.

All paint products are from the DecoArt range.

No comments:

Blog Archive