Sunday 19 August 2018

Cracked Vase


Remember the pot vase that I picked up at the car boot?


I gave it a coat of prussian blue paint.


Then I mixed up some 3d flex, ivory powertex and a bit of water to create the mix to spread on the to make the cracks.


I mixed up batches at a time, so I wasn't left with way too much.


I used a pallet knife to spread the mix on this side and it created lovely large cracks.


And when I applied it to this side I used my hand to press it onto the vase. As you can see it's still created cracks, but in a different way.


I coloured it using lots of different mediums. Firstly I sprayed it with Dylusions inks in orange. Then used golden hi-flow inks in napole red and quinacridone red and finally once it was all dry I used the Powerwax mixed with ginger and peach pigments to cover all of the vase.


And this is the other side. I also painted the neck and bottom with black paint.


Close up of the side that was applied with a pallet knife.


Close up of the other side applied with my fingers.

***Edited***


When I went for a walk with Fraz this morning, I picked up these dried poppy pods that had broken off and were lying on the pavement.

1 comment:

Pat Crossland said...

WOW.....a wonderful vase...never think it was the same one from a car book Sam...

Blog Archive