Friday 24 August 2018

Paint Pouring Play


Today I decided to have a play with paint pouring. I mixed the paint with the pouring medium to a watery consistency.


I started to pour each of the colours over the bottle bottoms which created the flower shapes.


I stopped when the paint started to flow over the edges. Used a wooden tool to pull the paint to give the petals more shape.


As I had loads of paint mixture left I did the puddle pour and then blew them out with a straw, which sort of created a flower. I forgot to go back in whilst they were wet and drag some paint to define some petals and add a bit of black to outline them. But not to worry, it was only my first go. 


Here they are just leveling out a bit, but as you can see, I still had loads of paint mix left. I did move them outside to dry, but then it rained and I forgot about them, so they got a bit wet again!


So with the excess, I used the white, black, orange, red and purple and also mixed up some pewter and old gold metallics. I added some silicone oil into the mix in the hope of creating cells, but that didn't work out.


Close up of the middle part of the canvas which is quite large at 20" x 16".


And this is a close up of where a lot of the white came through.

This one is still on the dining room table drying!

All the products are from the DecoArt range.  I used the Americana acrylic paints and pouring medium.

1 comment:

Pat Crossland said...

Lovely works of art Sam....

Blog Archive