Sunday 12 August 2018

Day of the Dead Skull



Having been to the Powertex Garden Party and Pramoda Gifts in the same week, and picking up some polystyrene skulls from the latter, I set to digging out some embellies and fabric possibilities.


I had some ivory and bronze Powertex left so I mixed them together just to give the polystyrene a coat. I started to add a few bits.


Building it up more and more.


Using the Powertex as a glue, I stuck everything down and set it outside to dry.


This is the back of the head.


And one of the sides.


 I waited until it was completely dry until I started to play around with colours.


No plan involved, I just kept adding colour until I liked what I'd got.


And again, from the side.


And the back of the head.


From the front and the eyes.



Now I just need to find somewhere to put him on display. 

No comments:

Blog Archive