Sunday 2 September 2018

The Other Boot


I played with the 'other' boot that I got from the car boot today.


I picked this pair specially as they had both a zip and a lace.


I painted the whole of the boot in a layer of bronze Powertex and added fabric and clay pieces.


Once I'd finished embellishing, I covered the lace in Powertex.


Then I put it outside to dry.


I left the bottle in to keep the shape whilst it sets in place. 


And this is it from the back.


And a view from the zip side.


Once dried, I took the bottle out and it had held the shape I wanted.
 

But I needed to do something with the inside, so I covered it with t-shirt fabric and set it outside again to dry in the sun.


Once dry I used old gold and soft gold metallic paints to colour it and then used worn penny on the embellishments with the old gold.


I love the contrast of the two gold colours and just a pop of the red.


This is the back, just very subtle but really brings out the texture.


I might eventually put it outside in the border.


 

Don't forget, if you are going to put something outside, you need to leave it inside for at least three weeks to cure, and then it will be totally weatherproof.


So this is what my pair of boots now look like. You can really see the red on the embellishments on this photo.


And another photo of them out of the sun. I love how they both came out. Not so much of a pair now though.

No comments:

Blog Archive