Friday 28 April 2017

Rustic Style Tag


I came across this video by France Papillon which I partly used to create this tag but obviously me being me, I wavered off and put my own slant on it.


Added a coat of white tinting base, a layer of weathered wood on the stencilled area and then a coat of paynes grey and dark grey and wiped back.


After a layer of ultra matte media varnish I applied a layer of patina antiquing cream and again wiped back.


Added quinacridone gold.


Next I added champagne metallic lustre over some of the stencilling.


Added more quin gold until I was happy with the look.


Added some script stamping with white chalky paint and coloured a few chipboard pieces.


Wrapped rusty wire around the circle and added the heart.


Close up of the stenciling and quin gold over the lustre.


Close up of the top of the tag, more metallic lustre and the stamping.


And finally the finished tag.

All products are from the DecoArt range.

10 comments:

Helen said...

I did see France's video, but think your tag is just gorgeous!

chrissie said...

Terrific ideas on this tag and the finish is amazing

Love Chrissie xx

Tracey@Hotchpotchcreations said...

This is a fabulous process isn't it Sam. Such a great way to get those effects with your end results producing a stunner. Love it.. Thanks for sharing xx

Sandy said...

Wonderful Sam and Bravo to you for putting your own special signature on this!
Sandy xx

Kirsten said...

Wow, stunning tag!!

Sue said...

Love this Sam, great colours xx

craftytrog said...

Looks great!!!

Corrie Herriman said...

This is a very beautiful tag ! Inspired by a lovely lady !
Corrie x

Claire said...

I watched France's video this morning. Your tag is gorgeous, I love the effects those decoart products give, the crackle along with the metallic highlights look fab Xx

craftimamma said...

Pfft! I could have sworn I left a comment on this fab tag! I must have forgotten to publish it.

It is a stunner Sam! Gorgeous grungy colours and love the rust and patina effects. It's truly fabulous and a wonderful design.

Hugs
Lesley Xx

Blog Archive